Style Series: Celebrity Style Challenge, The Plaid Blazer

 Celebrity style challenge - plaid blazer and booties

Celebrity style challenge - plaid blazer and booties

When I was on the farm in Tennessee a few weeks back for our Namaslay® Yoga Teacher Training, a few DMs slid in saying they missed the style series, so here we are! Most days, I am a leggings and sweatshirt kinda girl (with a swipe of lipstick, because you know I love me some make up), but I do like to try to challenge myself to get out of my comfort zone. In thinking about what to do for our next style series, I was coming up blank until we decided to do a celebrity style challenge. The idea was to recreate a look the team picked out for me. The self-imposed rule I had for this challenge was to try to shop my own closet and if I absolutely needed to, only buy one thing for each outfit. Editorial Director LG’s pick was up first, with this Kourtney Kardashian look featuring the on-trend plaid that seems to be everywhere for fall, paired with booties and shorts.

 Booties and blazer outfit

Booties and blazer outfit

I’m not a huge fan of the plaid blazer look. I don’t really understand it, because I live for a comfy, cozy plaid button down shirt, but something about slapping the pattern on outerwear and I’m no longer into it. Not one to back down from a challenge, I put my own tastes aside and dug into my closet. Besides, I told myself, I know nothing about fashion, so maybe the plaid blazer would be a good look. This was, as you can probably guess, the one piece I had to buy for this outfit. The plaid blazer I picked is from Forever 21, and was under $40. I like the boxy, oversized fit, and the fact that it was a lightweight jacket - the perfect transition piece into fall.

 Boots and blazer outfit

Boots and blazer outfit

I didn’t have burgundy booties (sad about that - I loved Kourtney’s from the inspo pic!), but since I had already purchased the blazer, booties were out. Instead, I pulled on my Stuart Weitzman clinger booties that I got during one of those friends and family sales a few months ago. These boots are a favorite of mine because they’re so comfortable and I find them so versatile.

 Plaid blazer look

Plaid blazer look

Next up, the top. Kourtney did a white tank, easy enough. I didn’t have grey shorts, so I just did my Rag & Bone cut offs, which worked fine. I also could’ve done grey jeans with this as well - would’ve made it more fall-appropriate, but I was trying to mimic the look as closely as I could, so I stuck with the shorts.

 Plaid blazer & booties

Plaid blazer & booties

This was a fun challenge - I never would’ve thought to pair these boots with shorts, which now seems so absurd because of course you could pair them with shorts - they’re so versatile! I surprised myself by liking the blazer. Not the pattern, mind you, but the cut of the blazer. I never wear blazers because I feel like a grandpa in them (no disrespect to grandpas), but the oversize cut made it feel youthful. Overall, I felt like the look was relatively easy to put together and easy to wear. I’d love to hear your thoughts below - and if you have a look you think we should try to recreate, post the pic in the comments section!

 Clinger booties and plaid blazer

Clinger booties and plaid blazer



from Blog - YOGABYCANDACE https://ift.tt/2DxHyvK
via IFTTT
loading...

No comments