90 Second Taco Soup Recipe

Yes, you can make dinner in 90 seconds with this 90 Second Taco Soup Recipe!

I used to not care for blended soups. I never made them, and I never ate them. Until one day, during a demo for Blendtec blenders at Costco, I watched in Amazement as the demonstrator added uncut veggies to the blender and made taco soup in seconds!  I was hooked.  I wanted (and convinced myself I needed) a blender!

I’ve always had regular blenders, and have successfully made taco soup in them, but I also pre-cooked all the veggies to make them soft enough to blend, and then cooked the soup before and after it was blended. The blenders only purpose was to mix the ingredients together as well as it could.

When I saw that you could skip the cutting and the cooking part,  and I tasted the soup and it was just as good as the soup I’d been making with 10 steps, I knew I could do it at home.  And, I finally bought one!

Other blended recipes we like besides taco soup

Since that day, and after I finally convinced my husband I needed a high powered blender, I’ve blended thousands of foods.  Not just blended soups but other blender recipes I make beyond 90 second taco soup is

  • Nut and seed butter (like sesame seed butter,  almond butter and peanut butter 
  • Smoothies– If you have  tested smoothies in cheap blenders and high powered blenders, you know they are different! I had no idea how smooth I could make a smoothie, and how completely invisible the spinach would be!
  • Slushies- an icy fruit drink!  This is great in a good blender, where you can really get the ice to blend without turning to water! No sugar necessary.
  • Ice Cream– Frozen fruit, blended till it’s spoon thick, rather than drinkable like a smoothie is so easy in a good blender.
  • Popsicles– You can blend fruit smooth enough to add to a popsicle mold, and we have so many recipes we do this with!
  • Hummus– I like blending those beans into the perfect dip like hummus.
  • Pesto- Basil plus oil all blended is a cost effective way to do pesto, especially if you grow your own basil (which grows so easily in a window sill!)
  • Pizza sauce– After you cook tomatoes and veggies, we like to blend it into a sauce for pizza.
  • Pancakes! these blender pancakes are so fluffy!
  • and other soups, like butternut squash soup!

This soup is different though.  How often can you actually make an entire dinner in the blender!  Well, not only does all the veggies get puree’d to perfection, but the Blendtec actually heats up the soup too. I’m not really sure how this happens, but it’s amazing!

taco soup in 90 seconds

Mix-ins or toppings for 90 Second Taco Soup

Having the veggies for this blended soup can certainly stand alone, but if I”m making this for a filling dinner that I want everyone to enjoy, I almost always add some extra chunky ingredients, so it’s not just a blended soup.  After the soup is completely mixed, I will include:

  • Some cooked leftover chicken, or rotisserie chicken.  This is a great dinner idea for leftover chicken!  And, it makes this taco soup even more balanced.
  • Some heated up black beans- Black beans are a great way to add protein and fiber, and tastes great in taco soup.
  • Shredded cheese- cause everything tastes better with cheese!
  • Chunks of avocado- Although we also add avocado to the blended soup for creaminess, we like some extra on top!
  • Chunks of tomato or salsa- This taco soup is already a little tomatoey, but if you love salsa, feel free to add more.
  • Heated up corn- So great for fiber and taste!
  • Extra, unblended cilantro- Extra cilantro for the top is great, but definitely cut it up into small pieces for the kids.
  • Ground beef, if we didn’t use the chicken- sometimes I’ll do ground beef if I have some.
  • Other beans like kidney beans.- more fiber and deliciousness.

And then to top it off, we like sour cream and more cheese!

If you enjoy taco soup, save some time and energy to try this blender 90 second taco soup! You won’t be disappointed!  Let us know if you try it and if you have more ideas for taco soup toppings and mix-ins!

The post 90 Second Taco Soup Recipe appeared first on Super Healthy Kids.



from Blog – Super Healthy Kids https://ift.tt/2IZRM5G
via IFTTT
loading...

No comments