GGS Spotlight: Stacy Hobson

Name: Stacy Hobson
Age: 38
Location:  Springfield, Ohio

What does being a part of the Girls Gone Strong community mean to you? 
To me it means standing in our power and just being who we are unapologetically; loving ourselves and all the awesomeness and messiness that makes up our authentic selves.

By living our life in the manner that allows us to harness our own happiness and live in a way that allows our soul to shine and thrive, instead of living in the way society thinks we “should” live.

How long have you been strength training, and how did you get started?
I have been strength training for over four years. I got started when I hired a personal trainer back in 2014. She helped me learn how to properly lift weights and to not be afraid of the iron. I had always turned to cardio in the past because I was intimidated by strength training.

Learning to lift and break through that barrier felt incredible, and now I am happy to help other women do the same in their journey.

What does your typical workout look like?
A typical workout for me is no longer than 20 to 30 minutes, and I just work to complete as many rounds as possible within that time frame of the exercises chosen for that day. I love working with kettlebells and lately it’s been my go-to equipment for workouts. For example one of my workouts would consist of a goblet squat, deadlift, clean, windmill, and swing.

Top 5 songs on your training playlist: 

  • The Motto, Drake fr. Lil Wayne, Tyga
  • Stir Fry, Migos
  • The Way I Are, Timbaland ft. Keri Hilson, D.O.E., Sebastian
  • You Can Do It, Ice Cube
  • Hola, Flo Rida ft. Maluma

Top 3 things you must have at the gym or in your gym bag:
Resistance loop exercise bands, headphones and phone (for music and of course selfies!)

Do you prefer to train alone or with others? Why?
I prefer to train alone. As a personal trainer and group fitness instructor, I am always around people and helping to motivate them. So while I do love being around others, I also really need that time to just focus on me and me alone. This just allows for me to shut off the world for a bit so I can get lost in my music and just enjoy the gift of being able to move my body through exercise and appreciate just how strong my body is and what it’s capable of.

Most memorable compliment you’ve received lately:
I’ve been told that I make people feel comfortable, welcome, and like they belong. To know that I can make people feel this way is an honor. I never want anyone to feel like they don’t belong regardless of where we are because we all belong anywhere and are allowed to take up space and shine our lights as bright as we want.

Most recent compliment you gave someone else:
That I was so proud of them for going into the gym and getting their workout done for the past few weeks and overcoming their fear of working out in the gym.

Favorite meal:
I love a good salad; the bigger the better with all the toppings in every single bite. With my favorite dressing honey mustard!

Favorite way to treat yourself:
By soaking in a hot bubble bath with Epsom salt reading a good book.

Favorite quote: 

“When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you’ll be successful!” — Eric Thomas

Favorite book:
The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown. This book literally changed my life.

What inspires and motivates you? 
That one day I am going to die. Seriously! I have this one life and I don’t want to waste any of it. Every day we are given is a gift and we should do the best we can every day to live our life to the fullest so we don’t have any feelings of regrets or “what ifs.”

What do you do? 
I am a certified personal trainer and nutrition coach so I work with women face to face and online teaching them super simple nutrition solutions and how to make time for their exercise. I am also a Certified Les Mills Body Pump instructor so I teach a BodyPump class twice a week.

What else do you do?
I jump on the trampoline with my daughter. I love to read all kinds of books. I enjoy coloring, checking out local coffee shops, date nights with my husband.

For what are you most grateful?
There is much I am most grateful for. Gratitude is such an important practice to incorporate in our own lives. I am most grateful for the love and support from my husband. He supports me no matter what dreams and ideas I have and has my back 100 percent through the best times and the worst times. At this point in my life I have amazing support from my husband, my daughter, and my close crew of friends, family and my clients.

I am just grateful for not having to go at anything in life alone.

Of what life accomplishment do you feel most proud? 
Becoming a mom. I have such an important job in raising a human being and I am honored to get to raise a daughter. The lessons I have learned from her have been pivotal in my growth to date. I have found that it really isn’t me who are giving her the lessons, but more like my daughter giving me the lessons instead.

Which three words best describe you?
Fearless. Compassionate. Kind-hearted.

What’s a risk you’ve taken recently, and how did it turn out? 
I took a risk by quitting a full time steady job back in 2016 to pursue a career as a personal trainer. It has always been a dream of mine to be an entrepreneur and to help women change their lives through health and fitness. It was one of the scariest things I have done to date (aside from becoming a mom).

Leaving a steady paycheck that would come every two weeks to being solely responsible for how much money I was going to receive based on how many clients I could attract was scary. But two years later here I am, actually doing this thing! And I couldn’t be happier with the chance I took on myself.

How has lifting weights changed your life?
It has made me feel more confident in so many areas of my own life. Lifting weights allows for me to fully see what I am capable of mentally and physically. It pushes me to limits that I wouldn’t have reached otherwise.

What’s the coolest “side effect” you’ve experienced from strength training?
The amount of confidence that transfers into all other areas of our lives is amazing. We start to question less and just go for it to “just see if we can do that.”

What do you want to say to other women who might be nervous or hesitant about strength training? 
It’s normal to feel nervous and hesitant about strength training. Being the beginner at anything can make us feel uncomfortable and unsure. But we never have to approach this alone.

There is an abundance of amazing resources that can help us. The most important step is to just start!

Hire a trainer for a few sessions, do some research online through websites like Girls Gone Strong, research the best books for strength training basics. Just do something to get started just to see. Because if we never try it, we are never going to really know the reality of how it can help us with our personal goals, but also the confidence and self-assurance it can provide us in and out of the weight room.

You can learn more about Stacy on her website and connect with her on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube.

The post GGS Spotlight: Stacy Hobson appeared first on Girls Gone Strong.



from Girls Gone Strong https://ift.tt/2KVIKMF
via IFTTT
loading...

No comments