Motivation Monday: A Podcast on Enhancing your Yoga Practice and new Stuff from YBC® and the Web

 Adding strength training may enhance your practice. 

Adding strength training may enhance your practice. 

Motivation Monday is a new weekly series on YBC® where we'll unveil that week's podcast episode of Namaslay with YogaByCandace®, a few inspirational uplifting or interesting bits from around the web, and new books, finds and other goodies our team is loving.

This Monday brings a lot of new and exciting things, including a new Namaslay® podcast about a secret I learned that has greatly complemented my yoga practice. Without giving too much away, what I learned recuperating from a shoulder injury transcended into my yoga to create stronger poses, a safer practice, and a more secure foundation for my workout routine.    

This Monday also comes at the end of a really exciting and emotional weekend for me! As many of you know, I did my yoga teacher training in Thailand at the same venue where I am now leading my own very first Namaslay® Yoga Teacher Training. Our students arrived on Friday and our first official class was on Saturday morning. I was anxious to get this started, and I am so proud of our curriculum which I know is so comprehensive, and so proud of the team of teachers I have with me to help make this a success. I've loved following our students' journeys over to this side of the world on Instagram, and you too can follow along at @namaslayytt or with the hashtag #NamaslayYTT if you'd like their stuff to pop up in your feed. So that was the biggest happening this weekend.

Equally as exciting (at least to me), is that we're in the planning stages of a long weekend retreat this December on all things business and marketing for certified yoga instructors, business owners, or aspiring entrepreneurs. This retreat will be packed with business and marketing workshops including social media training, sponsorship pitching, retreat and workshop design, and more. I made the initial announcement on my IG stories, just testing the waters, and was overwhelmed with positive responses. If you'd like to be one of the first to know all the details for booking, please email our new Editorial Director Lauren G. at laureng@yogabycandace.com to be added to the list. Which leads me straight to my last new and exciting item, we have a new Editorial Director at YBC, Lauren G., who will be managing content creation, assisting with marketing initiatives, writing guest blog posts, and as a certified personal trainer, she will join some of our retreats as a strength and conditioning instructor. You can read her full bio here.

We'd love to hear your comments on today's Namaslay® podcast, and on all the new and exciting things happening, so please comment below.  

Namaslay® with YogaByCandace® Season 2, Episode 6:  Today I talk about one of the integral pieces of the Namaslay® philosophy that’s helped fuel my physical yoga practice. Incorporating strength training into my yoga practice and workout routine has helped build my execution and understanding of my yoga movements and built a strong foundation for a better practice. If you’re someone who feels like they’ve plateaued in the practice, or you feel like you’re lacking in strength, this is definitely the episode to listen to. The podcast is available on iTunesGoogle PlaySpotify and pretty much anywhere you listen to podcasts. Or, you can also listen here. And if you have a second, would you mind taking this survey? We just want to get some demographics about who's listening to the podcast. Thanks!

Plus:

The new kale chip

Have you been breathing wrong

Big Weekend? Detox your body with these 10 Yoga poses.

Clean eating summer sides - warning - do not read when hungry! 

Life hack for cutting watermelon - you're welcome!  

#vacayvibes - your non-touristy guide to Greek islands. 

10 pro-tips for meal prepping. 

 



from Blog - YOGABYCANDACE https://ift.tt/2NyFy7g
via IFTTT
loading...

No comments