Namaslay® Yoga Teacher Training: 5 Things I'm Looking Forward To

 Forearm stand at our venue in Tennessee

Forearm stand at our venue in Tennessee

This past summer, we held our very first Intensive 200hr Namaslay® Yoga Teacher Training program in Thailand. Being in Thailand was amazing, but it didn't come without the typical challenges of being abroad, as you heard in yesterday's podcast. All around, it was a fantastic experience, but with our first US-based training starting today, I thought it would be fun to share five things I'm looking forward to that'll be different from the Thai version. Comment below if you have any questions for me about this training and I'll be sure to get back to you. 

  1. Buckles will be there as our mascot! To be honest, one of the main reasons I chose this venue is because Buckles was welcome. He's getting old (he's turning 11 this month!) and I just don't like leaving him for weeks at a time when I travel. Sometimes it can't be helped, but if I have the opportunity to bring him and I know it will add to the quality of his life, then I want to do that. I'm so excited he'll be there for our students. He is such a sweet guy, and I think he'll make a great therapy dog. 
  2. I get to finally meet New Lauren in person! Our latest hire, Editorial Director Lauren, joined the YBC® team right before I left for Thailand. Our team jokes that she's New Lauren, and then we have OG Lauren who is our Marketing Director. We communicate daily, but she works remotely from the DC area, so I was thrilled when she agreed to come out to Tennessee and lead part of our strength program, as she also is a personal trainer and yoga sculpt certified!
  3. I'm also really excited for new additions to the curriculum! We're inviting Dana from St. Louis to come in and lead a self-care workshop and yoga for kids workshop. 
  4. This venue is going to be somewhat family-style, and I'm really looking forward to that. I think there will be something really nice about that versus a resort style training venue where we only really see each other for classes and meals. 
  5. There's something really beautiful about doing an intensive training in a secluded environment, and I am looking forward to being in the Appalachian Mountains. It's calm, serene, and peaceful - the perfect environment for this life-changing program! 


from Blog - YOGABYCANDACE https://ift.tt/2PJ6hz2
via IFTTT
loading...

No comments