Namaslay® YTT: Introducing Our Tennessee Trainees

 Meet Namaslay's® newest group of YTT. 

Meet Namaslay's® newest group of YTT. 

What do a registered nurse, a 400 pound-pig-owner, and a Danish speaking yogi who swam with sharks all have in common? They're all part of our newest team of Namaslay® Yoga Teacher Trainees, and I'm so excited to introduce them. They are also our first group to train in the U.S.! If you remember, we followed the first group of Namaslay® YTT through their journey as they prepared, trained, and reflected upon their time in Chiang Mai, Thailand. The Tennessee training starts in just a week and I'm so excited to meet them in person, and to start teaching, training, and learning all over again. You can follow the training as well on Instagram, and keep a close eye on the blog, as some of them will be doing guest posts about their journey. Thanks for the support! Be sure to comment below if you have any questions you'd like asked as well.


Katie A. 

 Katie A. 

Katie A. 

1. What is one thing you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?

I think everyone should do something exciting completely solo - like traveling or moving to a new state. I have done both and both have changed my world. When you are taking care of yourself by yourself you learn so much quickly. Solo adventures have become part of my self-care routine!

2. What would you put on a billboard?

Nothing makes me laugh more than a good Instagram post with a great meme. I would just rotate a billboard with memes that I think are funny!

3.  If you could have tea or coffee with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Anthony Bourdain. I have so many questions. I wouldn’t pry into his personal pain but I would ask for his advice and thoughts on some of my personal pain. I would also ask him to join me for a slow, restorative yoga practice and meditation to follow. Then I would make him a cappuccino because my full time job is barista and I’d want his critique!

4. What is one important skill you think everyone should have? In three words, what advice would you give to your younger self?

Think before reacting. Much of my life was spent reacting to things and getting wrapped up in the dramas of life. I am consistently working to lose that habit!

Give a follow on IG: @ktarnld


Jamie B. 

 Jamie B. 

Jamie B. 

1. What is one thing you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?

Let’s just state the obvious: Yoga. Really, I do believe that.

2. What is one important skill you think everyone should have? In three words, what advice would you give to your younger self?

Being an active listener.

3. If you could relive one moment in your life, what would it be and why?

The first moment right after giving birth where you see your child for the very first time (so that’s actually three moments for me).

4.  What would you put on a billboard?

“No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.” -Voltaire

Give a follow on IG: @momonamat


Claire N. 

 Claire N. 

Claire N. 

1. What is one thing you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?

Travel to another country (or a different state) - whether it's to experience culture, food, history... the world is so much bigger than the little bubbles we live in daily.

2. What is one important skill you think everyone should have? In three words, what advice would you give to your younger self?

Understanding the difference between action and reaction when communicating with others - ESPECIALLY loved ones. Too often, we use the phrases "I didn't mean it" or "What I really meant was..." Save yourself the fights, tears and guilt and learn to recognize when you're reacting to someone vs. thinking and actively responding. ALSO, when someone reacts badly to you, end the vicious cycle of emotional reactions and practice forgiveness. Advice to my younger self: Let sh** go.

3. One thing people might be surprised to know about you?

I'm a total history nerd. It was always my favorite subject in school and I definitely seriously considered becoming an archaeologist, but was too scared I wouldn't be able to make a living - boo on me! Ah well, c'est la vie, and here I am now - soon to be heading off to a yoga teacher training!! Life sure works in interesting ways.

4.  Share two truths and a lie about yourself (and tell us which one is the lie).

1. I minored in Anthropology in college.

2. I'm fluent in French.

3. I played the flute for 9 years

Did ya guess it??

I'm definitely NOT fluent in French (sadly not even close), despite the fact that I took a French class for 6 years in middle/high school...LOL. Some day, I'd love to study the language further. Any YBCers from France want to help a sista out? :)

Give a follow on IG: @claire_pauline


Claire G. 

 Claire G. 

Claire G. 

1.  What is one thing you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?

Travel to a foreign country and stay away from a resort or all-inclusive type stay. Living alongside the people and immersing yourself in their way of life and culture is truly a one of a kind experience. It offers great perspective and a chance to not only learn about others but also about yourself.

2.  What is one important skill you think everyone should have? In three words, what advice would you give to your younger self?

Empathy. You are enough.

3. If you could have tea or coffee with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

My late grandpa Ray. He was the most patient, loving, kind, and generous man who truly embodied what it means to trust in God's plan for your life and find peace even in the most difficult moments. I will always miss his gentleness and great advice, and I hope to be more like him every day.

4. Share two truths and a lie about yourself (and tell us which one is the lie).

1) I love to sing 2) Im a picky eater 3) I live on the lake

The lie is that I'm a picky eater.

Give a follow on IG: @claire_gerhardt


Jordan A. 

 Jordan A. 

Jordan A. 

1. What is one thing you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?

I think everyone should take a big risk every once in a while, like I did applying for this training! It is something I have always wanted to do but wasn't confident in my abilities but I took the risk anyways and here I am (!) getting myself ready for training!

2. What is one important skill you think everyone should have? In three words, what advice would you give to your younger self?

I think everyone should be blessed with some common sense. I find myself taking a lot of deep breaths when I'm in public situations dealing with people. 3 words I would tell my younger self would be "it'll be okay". I tend to stress about almost everything I can't control in life so hearing those words more often might've helped me out a little bit.

3.  If you could relive one moment in your life, what would it be and why?

I would go back and spend some extra time with my childhood dog. She was with me from when i was little all the way until a few days after my high school graduation. She got me through the hardest times.

4.  One thing people might be surprised to know about you?

I have raced cars since I was 8 years old!

Give a follow on IG: @jordanarnold_


Jenelle B. 

 Jenelle B. 

Jenelle B. 

1.  What is one thing you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?

Experience living alone, even if it's only for a short while! It's so validating and empowering to be able to support yourself and know that you are capable of providing everything you need on your own. It's a time of major self growth, development, and internal reflection.

2.  What is one important skill you think everyone should have? In three words, what advice would you give to your younger self?

Trust your gut.

3.  What would you put on a billboard?

Don't hate, meditate!

4.  One thing people might be surprised to know about you?

My bachelors degree is in music therapy. I use music to help young children with a variety of diagnoses learn and develop their social and communication skills!

Give a follow on IG: @sacredvitality


Leota T.

 Leota T. 

Leota T. 

1.  What is one thing you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?

Take a road trip, solo. When you are alone and driving your vehicle, you have time to think. Sometimes this is the only time you have with your own mind! You have time to appreciate the silence or listen to Cardi B as loud as you want to- with all the windows down and the sunroof open! No one is judging! Driving longer distances alone is like therapy for me- a huge amount of freedom. It feels amazing!

2.  What is one important skill you think everyone should have? In three words, what advice would you give to your younger self?

I think everyone should be able to look at any situation with love and kindness. Do not judge others so quickly; look at what or whom you are judging- with love.

3.  If you could have tea or coffee with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

I would have coffee with my future self. Mostly for guidance. I would ask her things like... How am I doing? Am I on the right path? Do I ever find what my heart is searching for? Do I learn to trust in the universe and enjoy my past, present, and future life experiences? Am I bringing joy and love to others and myself? What can I do to improve the lives of those around me, inspire others, and empower my fellow humans?

4.  One thing people might be surprised to know about you?

I am a registered nurse. I currently work in an intensive care unit!

Give a follow on IG: @yogitoombs


Jordynn F. 

 Jordynn F. 

Jordynn F. 

1.  What is one thing you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?

Take a trip alone. It forces you out of your comfort zone and makes you dependent on only yourself. It also makes you appreciate the people you do have in your life even more.

2.  What is one important skill you think everyone should have? In three words, what advice would you give to your younger self?

Compassion. The world would be a better place if everyone cared a little more. Always be kind.

3.  If you could have tea or coffee with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Garth Brooks, because he seems like such a cool, good-hearted person. I love his outlook on life and, of course, his music.

4.  One thing people might be surprised to know about you?

I have a full grown (400 pound) pet pig that my boyfriend and I found on the side of the road and rescued. She is the sweetest girl and acts just like a dog.

Give a follow on IG: @jordynnfiner


Layla J. 

 Layla J. 

Layla J. 

1.  What is one thing you think everyone should do at least once in their lives?

Travel somewhere so different from your own culture, with a different language, crazy foods, get lost. Experience life outside your bubble.

2.  If you could have tea or coffee with one person, dead or alive, who would it be and why?

Oprah. I'm in awe of her! She went through so much in her life and look at where she is now, she never let anything stop her.

3.  One thing people might be surprised to know about you?

I'm actually really shy and don't like being the center of attention, which is surprising to people as I come across confident and can be quite loud... I push through my shyness - it's almost like an alter ego (kind of like Beyonce has Sasha Fierce :)).

4.  Share two truths and a lie about yourself (and tell us which one is the lie).

  1. I swam with sharks in Honduras. 
  2. I bungee jumped off a helicopter in Chile.
  3. I lived in Denmark for 8 years and can speak Danish fluently.

Lie: I bungee jumped off a helicopter in Chile.

Give a follow on IG: @layla_fj



from Blog - YOGABYCANDACE https://ift.tt/2nTEVcR
via IFTTT
loading...

No comments