5 Things I'm Looking Forward to at our Namaslay® Yoga Teacher Training

 A Buddha outside a temple the last time I was in Thailand

A Buddha outside a temple the last time I was in Thailand

Today's post was meant to be a yoga video but we're having technical difficulties and you know how the saying goes - the best laid plans....

But! That's ok because I've actually been wanting to share a few things I'm looking forward to at our Namaslay® Yoga Teacher Training, and today's the perfect opportunity. 

As you may know, our 200hr Namaslay® Yoga Teacher Training is happening this July in Thailand (we actually have one spot left!) and we'll be doing it again at the end of August in Tennessee. I am so proud of this curriculum because it directly addresses all of the things I found amiss in my own training, and in talking with others: 

  • Inclusivity - Our training includes how to teach all bodies - from the elderly to athletes to bigger bodies. I am thrilled that this will be covered, because many teachers simply use a traditional set of cues (ie: "Place your feet hip width as you come into downward dog") and they don't realize (or perhaps they do, but they don't think to verbalize it) that heavier people aren't going to feel stable with hip width feet because their center point of gravity is different due to their larger bellies. If we want yoga to be for everyone, we need to be able to teach it to every type of body.
  • Business - There are so many yoga teachers who come to me and say, "I'm trained, but I don't know how to make money." Unless you can pay your bills with good karma, we all need to make money, and that's why I developed a comprehensive business curriculum for our training. In it, our trainees are getting media training, having a photoshoot, social media takeovers, they'll learn how to pitch for sponsorships, and the logistics of running their own workshops and retreats. 
  • Strength Building - You guys know I'm a huge advocate for yogis to build strength (and for my gym peeps to get into yoga). I just feel it's all about balance, and strong muscles support the often hyper-mobile joints that many yogis have. To combat hypermobility and to arm our trainees with knowledge so they can help their future students, there is a huge strength component to our training. We're bringing in a strength and conditioning coach who will not only put our trainees through comprehensive workouts, but teach them the how and why behind each movement, so our trainees will better understand how to help their future students. 

That all said, putting together a yoga teacher training program is no damn joke. I am exhausted, and have so much on my plate because in addition to that, I'm also doing #ALLTHETHINGS at YBC®. I'm doing fine and I'm managing for now, but I'm probably going to take a vacation after the Namaslay® 2.0 Yoga Workshop Tour this fall and completely shut down my social and blog for at least a week to recharge. But right now, I'm in GO mode, and I'm so excited for all we have in store. Here are the five things I'm looking forward to at our training in Thailand.

 A meal from my trip to Thailand back in 2012

A meal from my trip to Thailand back in 2012

The Food

The food is so so so good in Thailand. Every meal I had was better than the last. I remember everything taking so flavorful and fresh. The fruit was so juicy and delicious. I love Thai curry, and can't wait to have that! 

 Life in Thailand

Life in Thailand

Cultural Differences

One of the best parts of travel, at least for me, is seeing how other people live their normal, day to day lives, and then trying to be a part of that. I'm looking forward to the mundane tasks that will feel like adventure. For example, a few of the teachers and I are arriving early, and we need to get some equipment for the training. It is going to be a complete comical s#!tshow trying to find everything we need, but I'm kind of excited to trying to figure out how to get from A to B, the unbelievable amount of charades we are going to have to play in order to communicate, and ultimately, all the laughs we will have along the way as we prepare for our students' arrivals.

 Our Venue

Our Venue

Our Venue

I'm really looking forward to having nearly the entire venue to ourselves. The area is lush, jungle life, and the venue is rustic yet has all the modern comforts of home - A/C, fridge in the room, etc. I find nature so inspiring and grounding, and I'm looking forward to being at this unique venue, which I know is going to be the perfect backdrop to our program.

 Yoga shala at our venue

Yoga shala at our venue

Yoga Shala

I'm really looking forward to this awesome tree house yoga shala space at our venue. The upstairs is a teak floor with no walls - it's gorgeous. Downstairs are a few bathrooms, and I have this one hysterical memory of going to the bathroom when everyone was in savasana when I was a student at my own training. I sat there, peeing, and something JUMPED out of the toilet and hit me. Of course I screamed, and likely ruined savasana for everyone... it was a frog. 

 Yoga Teacher Training

Yoga Teacher Training

The People

Above all, I am most looking forward to connecting with our Namaslay® YTT trainees. We already have a private facebook group going, and we have connected via Instagram as well, and I'm thrilled about connecting in person as well. It is my mission to graduate compassionate, knowledgeable teachers who are always students first. 

We have one spot left at our Thailand training, and a handful left at our Tennessee training, if you're interested!



from Blog - YOGABYCANDACE https://ift.tt/2JfuC05
via IFTTT
loading...

No comments