Creamy Potato Soup with Cheese

Healthy dinner idea …  Cheesy & Creamy Potato Soup Recipe!

I was always curious why people loved soup.  I didn’t care for it much growing up, and even in my younger adult years, I didn’t care if I never had soup the rest of my life. That was until one day, soon after I was married, a co-worker brought a cheesy and creamy potato soup to a work party.  It was actually this creamy potato soup!  I’m not sure why my mother had never introduced me to creamy soups before!  I was hooked from day one.  I got her recipe (almost 25 years ago).

Since that day, I’ve made creamy potato soup with a variety of ingredients for my kids.  But this recipe is always the one my daughter (who is almost 18) asks me to make for every birthday or special occasion.  I’m hoping it will be one of your families new favorite dinner idea too!

What do you put in potato soup?

The ingredients will change depending on if we are talking about a creamy soup or broth soup. For a creamy potato soup, I like:

For the veggies:

  • Potatoes
  • mushrooms
  • carrots
  • green onions
  • Garlic
  • onion

And to make the soup creamy:

  • Cheese
  • Milk or cream
  • flour to thicken
  • Butter
  • Sour cream

What would be good to serve with potato soup?

We love to serve our potato soup with bread or rolls and green salad!

Is potato soup good for you?

It can be!  Packing your soups full of vegetables is an excellent way to increase the nutritiousness of potato soup!

So, let us know what you think of this cheesy and creamy potato soup! For our other favorite creamy soups, check out:

The post Creamy Potato Soup with Cheese appeared first on Super Healthy Kids.



from Blog – Super Healthy Kids https://ift.tt/2AyXYmd
via IFTTT
loading...

No comments